We are sisters that grew up in different decades with completely different personal styles, but we both enjoy finding a bargain and having fun with fashion. We don’t spend lots of time and money on clothing, but we like to work with what we have, be creative, and share style ideas and tips.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hooray for Hot Buns

Big Sis: Okay, first off, I can't believe I'm writing a post with the words "Hot Buns" in it, but I had to spread the word on the neatest beauty device recently invented. I'm not one to covet "as seen on TV" products (except for maybe the Wax Vac), but when I saw the infomercial for Hot Buns, I immediately had a hankering for one. I wear my hair up almost everyday in a fairly lame frizzy side ponytail. Sometimes I'll change it up a little and go for a back ponytail. A few times, I've actually attempted a bun. The results usually resemble something that looks like Squidward's nose, except for blond and frizzy. I gave up hair buns completely, because I could never get mine to look like the lovely, seemingly effortless, perfect buns that I coveted on Pinterest. Well, that leads us back to Hot Buns. I just bought a box of two (in blond) at Walgreens for $9.99. They come in two sizes; small and large, and look like Velcro Caterpillars with buttons on the side. Well, last night I took the larger Velcro caterpillar, wrapped it in my ponytail, snapped the buttons, and "TA DA," I had a beautiful, perfect, fluffy ballerina bun right on top of my head (for the first time in my life.) Thanks, Hot Buns! Now, I'm just waiting for a product that will magically turn my backside into "hot buns." Here's the link to buy them, but I suggest just getting them at Walgreen's if you can, so you don't have to pay for shipping. Warning: the infomercial is really annoying.










No comments:

Post a Comment