We are sisters that grew up in different decades with completely different personal styles, but we both enjoy finding a bargain and having fun with fashion. We don’t spend lots of time and money on clothing, but we like to work with what we have, be creative, and share style ideas and tips.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Big Sis: My Awkward Mouth



I love lipstick… but only on other people. I’ve seen lip colors that I thought were amazing, but when I try them on, I end up looking in the mirror and silently saying, “No. Just no.” And then I ask myself why Charlize Theron looks like a 1930s femme fetale in that color while I just look like a circus clown. This has happened many times. I just feel awkward in lipstick.  I don’t know if it’s because the color accentuates my super small lips or because I feel like I look like I’m trying too hard. Either way, I feel like I can’t quite pull it off. That’s why I wear Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. I’m sure that most of you have tried it, but if you haven’t, do. It adds the perfect hint of color while softening my lips. Also, it smells really, really good. I pretty much carry it with me everywhere.




Below are a few celebrities that I think look really, really good in lipstick (as most women do.) And yes, I can admit that I’m envious.

Emma Stone

Olivia Wilde

Kat Dennings

Charlize Theron 

Naomi Watts, Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani




And here are some new lip colors from SmashBox that I really wish I could rock. Love them all. 







No comments:

Post a Comment