We are sisters that grew up in different decades with completely different personal styles, but we both enjoy finding a bargain and having fun with fashion. We don’t spend lots of time and money on clothing, but we like to work with what we have, be creative, and share style ideas and tips.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lace and Ruffles

A while back I created a post about the cute and versatile ruffled tank. Well, I recently bought an affordable lacy white ruffled tank (only 3.99 at Factory-2-U) and discovered that it works with so many different looks and outfits. It's now pretty much my favorite item of clothing. Here are three looks that I put together. I hope that they give you some fun ideas of your own!

This is the most casual of all three looks. I layered the tank over a simple fitted aqua tee and added a light pink broach and pearls. After all, what goes better with ruffles and lace than pearls?




 

This next look is what I would wear for a night out. I threw a cropped black jacket over the tank and wore them with skinny jeans and black heels. I also added some black and silver jewelry. 





For this last look, I channeled my inner business woman and layered a cropped gray blazer over the tank and added gray slacks and heels.




Just in case you don't live near a Factory-2-U, here are some cute layered tanks available online ($12.99 from ToAdorn (which has LOTS of cute clothes, by the way.) 








No comments:

Post a Comment